Salary: depending on experience
Employment type: permanent
KISS is looking for an experienced Head of PR to help us strengthen and elevate our PR offer. You will be responsible for delivering the agency’s strategic vision through PR, developing the offer and leading the PR team.
With 8+ years’ PR experience, you will bring experience of developing PR strategies for your clients and managing the activation of those strategies through investor and media relations, influencer activity and social media etc…
You will see the potential this role has to help shape the future of KISS and you are an ambitious, self-starter ready for an exciting, new challenge.
Given the KISS sector focus of science, technology and education, it would be preferable for you to have experience in one or more of these sectors – and an impressive list of clients you’ve worked with.
KISS is an integrated communications agency working with brands that are changing the world in science, technology and education.
Founded on the principle of simplicity, we strive to clarify complexity and make memorable communications that breathe new life into our clients’ businesses.
We are a team of creative thinkers united by a passion for brands, and inspired to deliver work that creates change and drives growth.
- Ambitious and driven
- Collaborative with exceptional interpersonal skills
- An inspirational and motivational team leader
- An experienced leader and mentor
- Used to working with clients at a senior level
- A great presenter able to sell ideas
- Commercially astute with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A doer and problem solver
- Responsible for the agency’s over-arching PR vision, team and output
- Refine KISS’s PR vision, strategy and plan to grow our PR business
- Be able to manage client relationships at a senior level, identifying growth opportunities
- Act as Account Director on some accounts
- Be able to ensure a first-class service is delivered to all the agency’s clients on a day to day basis
- Oversee the development of account plans and project proposals
- Lead the PR team providing direction, support, inspiration and mentoring
- Team development, including training, reviews, personal development
- The creation and implementation of a PR plan for KISS
- An internal communications plan for KISS
- Responsibility for all PR team recruitment
Business Development Responsibilities
- Lead PR new business opportunities taking a pro-active role in identifying and driving organic new business
- Identify opportunities for growth with existing clients across the agency
- Act as one of the senior points of contact for the PROI, developing potential opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for the agency
- Attend networking events, seminars and conferences, including out-of-hours, as required in order to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
- Responsibility for contributing to the agency’s annual growth targets
- Overall responsibility for PR income, profitability, cost of sales, team productivity
- Ensure accurate financial management – quoting, invoicing, cost allocation
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly social events
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Childcare voucher, Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Quarterly social events
- Corporate punt on the River Cam